What is the schedule for art classes?
- Art classes are 40 minutes
- Ms. Ramsey teaches art Monday through Friday
- Mrs. Delmonico teaches art on Tuesdays
- Mr. Greco teaches art on Mondays
What will my child learn in art?
- About famous artists
- Art processes like: painting, drawing, printmaking, clay sculpture and collage
- To make connections between art and other subjects
- To create original artwork based on a variety of themes
- To use visual art vocabulary to discuss works of art
- To use creativity to solve open ended problems
- To develop an appreciation for different cultures and styles of art
How is my child graded in art?
- In grades K-2 students receive an N, Y or an MP on their report card
- In Grades 3-5 students receive a letter grade on their report card A, B, C…
- In grades 3-5 students receive an effort grade of 1,2,3, or 4.
- 1 is the lowest degree of effort and a 4 is the highest degree of effort
- Student artwork is assessed on meeting objectives for each lesson
- Effort is assessed on class participation
When will my child bring their artwork home?
- All artwork will be taken home at the end of the school year
- Some artwork will be sent home before the end of the school year
When will my child’s artwork be displayed?
- Students will have at least one piece of artwork on display in our school-wide art show in May
How can I contact the art teachers?
- Call K.T. Murphy at (203) 977-4516
- Email Ms. Ramsey at email@example.com
- Email Mrs. Delmonico at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Mr. Greco at email@example.com
How is Twitter being used in art classes?
- Look for tweets with #ktmartists to see what we have been working on in art!